Operating safely and efficiently cannot be overstated especially in industries known for difficult working conditions. For individual workers, safety is essential to their health, well-being, and family welfare. For a company, safety is essential to maintaining good client relations, for business survival and financial success.
So how does a company create a safety culture when its employees deal with and perform many dangerous jobs? The answer... aggressively pursuing multiple strategies to assure excellence in safety including:
- Daily and weekly communications to all employees on safety issues
- A zero tolerance policy on activities such as drug abuse, driving records and employee documentation
- Positive reinforcement of proper safety behavior that include incentives and awards
- Weekly management conferences on safety issues
- Dedicated safety training professionals supporting ongoing education for new and current employees
- Regular meetings with clients to review performance, issues and performance metrics
Townsend Corporation is committed to improving safety from on-site to in-house operations. This commitment emanates from the highest levels of corporate management and resounds throughout the entire organization. Our focus on safety is a never ending obligation to our customers and employees!